bada dada!

I was really going to post tonight! Just as I was about to log-in, I decided to check on cnn.com to get updated on U.S. news, but ended up finding an atrocity of a site, which prompted me to share my opinions. Find the the entry here.

To tell you the truth, I haven't done much the past two weeks. I've finally connected back to L.A. a.k.a the real world by applying to summer internships, finding housing for next year, and reconnecting with friends. Paris is such a dream i.e. a really really long and wonderful vacation.

My dad took my camera when I went to go visit him in Luxembourg, so there is a shortage of photos to post. I don't even remember the last (substantial) entry I blogged... :/

I really need to catch up; it's important!! Despite being 4:19am right now, I am strangely energized. My sleeping schedule is horrible. Let's take this week for example. Sunday night, I was up studying for my AHIS midterm and doing hw, which led me to pulling an all-nighter. All of Monday, I was dying from fatigue but happy to adjust my sleeping schedule back. I slept at 11:30pm and woke up at 8:30am Tuesday morning. Somehow, I slept more than enough so now my body is feeding off of that extended sleep and keeping me awake. Argh. On top of that, I had a brief scare with appendicitis! My tummy ached like no other for three days straight, and I freaked out and was almost positive it was appendicitis... until my cousin diagnosed it as gastroenteritis a.k.a. the tummy bug a.k.a. lack of common sense for eating fruit sitting out too long. Whew!

Here's a brief recount of trip to Provence, 02-27-09 to 03-01-09:

So 20+ USC students from the ACCENT program traveled down to southern France by TGV to catch some much-needed sun shine, see a 14th century residence of the pope(s) in Avignon called the Palais des Papes, the famous Pont du Gard, vestiges of roman architecture (coliseum) in Arles, the chateau/fortress/citadel of Baux de Provence, and lastly, Aix-en-Provence, the home of impressionist painter Paul Cezanne, olive oil products and lavender. There are so many stories! and so many pictures! But I can only provide oh-so-much. Here are the many many beautiful pictures I took there!

Photobucket
View down from Palais des Papes
Photobucket
Pont de St. Benezet (half-built bridge) in Avignon

Photobucket
Palais des Papes in Avignon

Photobucket
Pont du Gard
Photobucket
On top of coliseum in Arles with friend/French-connoisseur Greg (he knows EVERYTHING)

Photobucket
Cool photo I took in front of Van Gogh's famous painted cafe in Arles

Photobucket
Baux de Provence

Photobucket
BEST DINNER OF MY LIFE (will share complete menu another day)


Tomorrow will be a packed day as well: Musee Gustave Moreau, Sorbonne review sesh, dinner with some friends, and then MATCH DU FOOTBALL: FRANCE v. LITHUANIE. As the French say, "YUPPIE!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Artist's Words

Quel sentiment!

The Magic School Bus goes to France