Balcony view from my bedroom Today one was of those "Oh my god" moments -- like a split second of surrealism in which my body and my mind SIMULTANEOUSLY acknowledged that I am in Paris, France, presque (almost) 6,000 miles away from home (if one can call L.A. that :/). I started the day with high hopes, waking up at 9am and making a list of things to do, places to go. But before I knew it, it was already 1pm after taking a shower, cleaning my room, eating breakfast, and catching up on some news (any more coverage on Octo-mom and I will shoot myself). Finally, après-midi (afternoon), I packed a textbook I needed to read for class, my lunch (reg ol' sandwich, yogurt, and h2o), my mp3 player, and headed out. The weather was gray and breezy, but nothing requiring more than a nice coat and boots. I took the mètro to the American Library in Paris (Mètro Ecole Militaire), and there I searched for books on France's Second Empire & Third République, because je suis ...
Comments
Post a Comment