Valentines in Versailles


Saturday, for Saint Valentine's Day, Bons, Rose-y, and I went to Versailles aka Louis XVI's crib. It was hella malade (sick, literally). Him and his meuf (girl, Marie Antoinette) were mad blingin'. Okay, done. We went in the dead of winter, so what it was most famous for, the jardin (garden), was not much of a sight. We went in the Château and walked around the salles des peintures and bed chambers, accompanied by some harajuku-looking Japanese tourists. The ceilings were painted elaborately, but I have to say incomparable to Italy and the masterpieces there. We lunched in the garden, walked around the city a little bit, and took the RER C (rive gauche) back to Metro Invalides around 6pm.

Later in the night, we went to Six-Seven (Metro Franklin D. Roosevelt) for some discotheque-ing. We arrived promptly at 11:45, got in at 12:15, and partied on the dance floor...by ourselves....until 1:30am when the party FINALLY started. The French are crazy. Rather than the you-must-get-in-before-11pm that happens in L.A., over here the clubs don't begin to consider letting people in until 12-1am. Somehow, we sauntered our way into the VIP table section and got free champagne, but it was not worth the female-to-female frisking by this one girl named Joanna who is seriously dingue (crazy). Haha je blague (joke). We all drank a fair share of alcool (booze), so what happened the rest of that night was un dommage (a shame). I spilled water all over my keyboard, so now my space bar has a life of its own. Allowing you peoples to comfortably read this entry requires great muscle exertion from my thumbies.

The next day, I tagged along with the Fren330 class to the Théâtre du Vieux-Colombier (Metro Saint Sulpice) to watch La Dispute, un pièce du théâtre, by Marivaux and performed by La Comédie Française. Basically, I found a dark, cozy, artsy spot to take a 1.5 hr nap... The ticket was free, but I feel horrible not being able to recount very much of the play. Désolée :(


Check out all the beautiful photos of Versailles ici!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Artist's Words

Quel sentiment!

The Magic School Bus goes to France