One more for the night

I still haven't covered my extensive list of topics, so here's one more before I get some shut-eye.

This past weekend, starting with Friday, some students and I took the placement test for La Sorbonne. It consisted of difficult grammar m.c. questions, a fill in the blank grammar/sp section, a comprehension test and an oral test. C'est pas bon! (no bueno)

After, Bonnie, Leah and I visited the Grand Palais (Metro Champs-Elysees Clemenceau) to see just how long the Picasso exhibit line was -- 3 hrs! So we went off and explored the area surrounding the Grand Palais et Petit Palais instead. View more pics of Friday 01-30-09 here.

The wait for the Picasso exhibit; the tunnel where Princess Di died (for my brother)

Eiffel tower from distance; French lovers; Petite Palais during sunset

At night, I went to Ed and bought tomatoes, turkey and 7-grain bread to make a quick dinner. At around 10, a big group of us went to Favela Chic, a Brazilian resto/discothequue a lot of people have been ravng about, but the bouncers were jerkss and we couldn't get in! Four of us didn't want to end the night so we moved on to the Latin Quarter for some Friday night entertainment. We ended up in 3 places: a salsa bar, a bar, and then a cave bar. The first can be described by this one picture: hot & steamy.... and gross. The second we took weird pics. The third was in a cave resembling a Harry Potter scene, where we took other people's drinks every 5 secs and danced with them so the bartenders wouldn't kick us out for not buying cocktails. keke.


Sweaty salsa bar 1; bar 2; and bar 3 with our faux-drinks

The scary part of the night was when we realized the metro closed at around 2am. We all rushed to our individual lines. I happened to miss the last train of one line but caught the last train of another line which took me to Montparnasse-Bienvenue, a stop away from my usual stop Gaite. In short, I walked home by myself in heels, got followed by a semi-creeper with bad English, and asked about 10 people how in the world to get back to my apt. It was horrible. You'd think it was a lesson to be learned, but....

Saturday 01-31-09, to be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Artist's Words

Quel sentiment!

The Magic School Bus goes to France