Edumucation
My courses this semester:
La Sorbonne: Oldest university in France. I will be taking French language/grammar classes 4 days a week from 5-7pm. (It starts next week.)
Institut Catholique: Private university where I will be taking a course on French plays, or the history of French theater. So far, I am most excited about this one because I'll be able to sit in with native Frenchies. Probably the most difficult class I'll be taking due to the amount of work, high expectations, and comprehension.
Accent: It is the center partnered with USC. Here, I'm taking two courses: Société et Politique dans la France contemporaine (en francais) and L'Histoire de L'Art (en anglais). I love these courses so far.
Today I woke up at 8, had a piece of toast and an espresso, and then left for the Louvre (Metro Palais Royal). My Art History class meets at the ACCENT center on Mondays, but on Wednesdays, we also visit different museums. Today marked my first of many trips to the Louvre. My time there wasn't very leisurely; we followed the professor madly jotting down notes on French neo-classical artists such as David, Ingres, Delacroix, etc. Voila are my official Louvre "Etudiante de l'Histoire de l'Art" & Sorbonne cards. :D

At 13:30, I had my first Society & Politics in Contemporary France class. Mind-blowing despite just reviewing the syllabus today. There's something different about learning in France and in French. Everything feels new, fresh, exciting. I constantly find myself hanging on every word the professors say in English or French (well maybe b/c if I don't, I'll be lost into language oblivion). What's also great is that most of my classes are liés (bound) to each other in some way; everything connects, and learning can't get more exhilirating than that.
Now I'm home in my room ready to hit the books with a good ol' cup of hot earl grey tea. Here are some of the photos of the art we analyzed (it was more for my own sake, so sorry if boring).



***EDIT (dinner section) ***
For dinner, my host mother, Brigitte, prepared raclette which consists of an assortment des viandes (salami, jambon [ham], and prosciutto), des tranches de fromage [cheese], des tomates, and des pommes de terre bouillis [boiled potatoes]. One puts a slice of cheese in a fondue-like device and after, slides it onto desired item. It's kind of like Chinese hot pot; again, the similarities! We also had salad and then a fudge/chocolate mud cake thing. Oh boy.


La Sorbonne: Oldest university in France. I will be taking French language/grammar classes 4 days a week from 5-7pm. (It starts next week.)
Institut Catholique: Private university where I will be taking a course on French plays, or the history of French theater. So far, I am most excited about this one because I'll be able to sit in with native Frenchies. Probably the most difficult class I'll be taking due to the amount of work, high expectations, and comprehension.
Accent: It is the center partnered with USC. Here, I'm taking two courses: Société et Politique dans la France contemporaine (en francais) and L'Histoire de L'Art (en anglais). I love these courses so far.
Today I woke up at 8, had a piece of toast and an espresso, and then left for the Louvre (Metro Palais Royal). My Art History class meets at the ACCENT center on Mondays, but on Wednesdays, we also visit different museums. Today marked my first of many trips to the Louvre. My time there wasn't very leisurely; we followed the professor madly jotting down notes on French neo-classical artists such as David, Ingres, Delacroix, etc. Voila are my official Louvre "Etudiante de l'Histoire de l'Art" & Sorbonne cards. :D
At 13:30, I had my first Society & Politics in Contemporary France class. Mind-blowing despite just reviewing the syllabus today. There's something different about learning in France and in French. Everything feels new, fresh, exciting. I constantly find myself hanging on every word the professors say in English or French (well maybe b/c if I don't, I'll be lost into language oblivion). What's also great is that most of my classes are liés (bound) to each other in some way; everything connects, and learning can't get more exhilirating than that.
Now I'm home in my room ready to hit the books with a good ol' cup of hot earl grey tea. Here are some of the photos of the art we analyzed (it was more for my own sake, so sorry if boring).
***EDIT (dinner section) ***
For dinner, my host mother, Brigitte, prepared raclette which consists of an assortment des viandes (salami, jambon [ham], and prosciutto), des tranches de fromage [cheese], des tomates, and des pommes de terre bouillis [boiled potatoes]. One puts a slice of cheese in a fondue-like device and after, slides it onto desired item. It's kind of like Chinese hot pot; again, the similarities! We also had salad and then a fudge/chocolate mud cake thing. Oh boy.
YUMMSEYS. the food!
ReplyDeletebut its so nifty that you're taking classes all over the place. so there's no set campus for you???
and gahh I <3 art history :)
i'm glad u find everything so exhilarating!