A Case of the Mondays
Today, I had my Art History class from 11-1 (sbjct of the day: Courbet), ate lunch at the Resto-U on Rue de Diderot, went to the Sorbonne (Metro Cardinal Lemoine, Rue L'epestrade) to get my results for my grammar class. Didn't do as well as I wanted. I am positive that the class is a bit below my level (from the looks of the textbook's content), but I'll try a few classes before I petition for a higher level. Immediately after, I trudged home in the rain and read some course readers for class in bed. Mm :)
Today's weather was simply terrible. Or "inclement," since my only chance of ever using that word is for weather. The piercing wind and unceasing rain reminded me of an avg day in Bellevue -- the days when I had to walk 10 blocks or so from Newport back to my house in Somerset. ...Knuckles frozen from being exposed, hair whipping me across my face, eyelashes bucketing raindrops, and the dreaded feeling of wet socks and wet pant legs. Additionally, it re-justified my decision to moving far, far away for college. Los Angeles was a wise choice on some levels. I've always loved Bellevue/Seattle/WA and had intentions of moving back there when I'm older, but now I'm not so sure...
Anyway, there will be une tempête (wind storm) tonight (full blast at 2am). With winds up to 90mph, Charles de Gaulle & Orly airports have been shut down for at least 14 hours. We'll see what the aftermath will look like tmrw. Hopefully, no crashing trees or power outages. And of course, no casualties.
En route to Sorbonne area. Full Mariachi-like French ensemble in the metro station.
Dinner: Salmon slices? with rice and marinara sauce. No name, so my madame calls it the Brigitte Dish.
Dessert: Flan/custard thing. Similar to the almond custard pie that my mom makes.
Comments
Post a Comment